It's not coincidental that I posted the devotional, Each Moment I Live. The same day, we received a call that my nephew has been in an accident, and was taken to the nearest hospital with the facilities to address his injuries. He's a married father of two young children, and a strong Christian. Please pray. I'll update when I know more. Thank you. - Donna
Update! Click 'comments.'
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Carmen Rockett tagged me for the Seven Sevens Meme.
Seven Things to Do Before I Die.
1. See my children marry their true loves, live for the Lord, and hopefully have children.
2. Publish a book of devotionals.
3. Publish a book of children’s poetry.
4. Take art classes.
5. Organize my house – I think I can get more on my list done if I’m not dragged down with disorganization.
6. Develop my speaking and singing ministry.
7. Walk and eat right so I can be healthy enough to do all these things before I die.
Seven Things I Cannot Do
1. Nothing – I’m always doing something.
2. Quit piling. (I heard that pilers are smart. Ha!)
3. Eat too many sweets.
4. Go a day without singing.
5. Go a day without writing.
6. Get caught up on my to-do list.
7. Find anything in my closet. (See #5 above. I’ve got to get a system.)
Seven Things that I Admire in my husband or wife (or for singles, dad or mom).
1. His thoughtfulness.
2. His faithfulness to God.
3. His tenacity.
4. His work ethic.
5. His energy! (Anyone ever see him at ease?)
6. His love for the Word.
7. His love for the Church.
Seven Things I Say Most Often
1. I love you.
2. Ouch! (when Sadie, our Labradoodle runs over me.)
3. Well, that’s gonna leave a bruise. (follows #2 statement)
4. Are you kidding me?
5. Be careful. (every time someone leaves, usually followed by #1)
6. Ya think?
7. If I say I will, I will.
Seven Books (or series) I Love (right now)
1. The Bible
2. The Boundaries Series
3. The Church Ladies
4. Any book of Shel Silverstein poetry
5. Any Calvin and Hobbes books
6. Ordinary Mom, Extraordinary God
7. Landon Snow and the Auctor’s Riddle
Seven Movies I Would Watch Over and Over Again
1. Hope Floats
3. 9 to 5
4. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
5. The Preacher’s Wife
6. The Family Man
7. Remember the Titans
Seven People I Want to Join In, Too:
1. Just As I Am
2. The Upward Call
3. Hill Country Thoughts
4. Between Sundays
5. Windows to My Soul
6. Walking Circumspectly
(Just copy and paste the questions and replace my answers with yours. Have fun!)
Sunday, December 18, 2005
Hi, everyone! My December column for the Dabbling Mum is up. It's called CHRISTmas and Cartwheels.
EXCERPT: "Mom, are you dizzy from trying to keep up with the busyness of the CHRISTmas season? Dads, do you feel like Bart Conner on the balance beam, juggling work, family, and church obligations?
As little girls, my sister and I used to....."
Read more by clicking here!
Donna J. Shepherd © 2005 All rights reserved.
No portion of this Website may be reproduced without permission.
For more information, contact Donna.
Thursday, December 15, 2005
It was my honor to be interviewed by Wendy Lynn Decker for Sisters in the Lord Magazine. If you'd like to read the interview, click here.